About The Learning Resource Centre :
The library was established in 1999. The LRC is attached to the main building. The library area is 5000 Sq.m. the LRC provides a pleasant and intellectually stimulating ambience and calm place. More than 10,000 users frequently refer to the library books/periodicals and news papers.
* The LRC possesses around 9000 text books and reference books, 58 journals and magazines and 10 news papers. It covers the disciplines of Computer Science, Physics, Maths, PlantBiology and BioTechnology, SocialWork, Socialogy, Economics, Commerce, Tamil, English, Hindi, Telugu, Jainology, Religion and other General books.
The Library Provides a Numbers of Services :
1. News Paper clipping Service.
2. Clipped content pages of Periodicals.
3. Bibliographic Services.
4. Reference Services.
5. Referral Services provides the only sources for information through institutional membership americal Library.
6. selective Dissemination of information(SDI) service through journals.
7. Book bank services.
* The LRC collects also thesis, project reports and back volumes of journals. The Non-book collection includes materials like Audio/Video, CD-ROM, disks etc..
*The LRC follows Universal Decimal Classification(UDC) and Anglo American Catalogues Ru8les SEcond Edition(AACR II). On line public catalogue(OPAC) is a computer based catalogue that is possible to be searched by a user getting at a remote terminal.
The LRC has a Number of Computerized Services :
1. Acquisition Control.
3. Serial Control.
4. Circulation Control.
5. Current Awareness Services.
6. CD Browsing Services.
Book Bank Project :
SCP Jain College had established the Book Bank Project the needy and deserving students. Initially 336 nos of text books were issued to 112 Ist Year Students. Further the Project has been extended and more than 920 Students were benefited under Book Bank Project till now. We circulate 5843 volumes to needy students by the management in charitable basis. Text books are loaned for the beneficiaries till they complete their course.
1. Application forms are issued every year.
2. Book Bank Project-Committee members select the deserved students.
3. Students have to return Application Form enclosed with Xerox copy of Higher Secondary Marksheet, Community Certificate and Father’s or Guardian’s income certificate.
|2||Mrs.N.Sudha||Asst.Librarian||B.Lit., MLIS.,||8 Months|