National Service Scheme laid it’s foundation in Shree Chandraprabhu Jain College in the year 2000-2001. The University of Madras rendered the approval for UNIT-I.Thiru.V.Ravichandran , Asst. Professor of the Commerce Department was appointed as the Programme Officer. In 2003-2004, Thiru.K.Sathyamoorty, head of the M.S.W Department was appointed as the programme officer. The University of Madras gave it’s concern to start UNIT-II in the year 2004-2005. Mr.C.Mohan, Asst. Professor of the Tamil Department was honoured with the post of the programme officer then UNIT-III was permitted by the University of Madras in the year 2011-2012. A great service is rendered to the students’ society and to the village people through National Service Scheme.
Some of the services of NSS:
- Annual Special Camp
- Blood donation Camp
- Awareness of Tuberculosis disease and cost free Medical service Camp
- Free Dental Care Camp
- Free Eye – Care Camp
- Camp for cost-free medical service to children
- Camp for cost-free medical treatment for women folk
- Camp for free of cost treatment for ears, nose and throat care
- Free diabetics awareness camp
- AIDS awareness camp
- Personality development camp
- Planting of trees
- Awareness for Suppression of superstitious belief
- Camp for spreading knowledge to others
- Camp for supporting Handloom goods
- Cleaning service for public spots eg.Beach
- Conducting cultural programmes.
- Many Awareness Rallies were conducted on the issues like, health, social
responsibilities, aniti molestation.
- Awareness Drama to insist voting rights among the public
- Awareness programme on Ecology.
- Cancer Awareness Programme.
- Clean India Programme.
- National Awakening Programme.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Programme (Women students & Women staffs).
- Eye Donation Awareness Programme
- Orientation Training Programme
- Sports & Cultural Activities for Village school students.
Programme officer Mr.C.Mohan has been honoured with different awards such as
- .Dr.B.R.Ambedkar award by the Human Rights Society,
- ‘Life time achievement award’ by Vivekananda Educational Trust and also
- ‘Best Social Servicer award’ and Pon Parama Guru Award
- Mahatma Gandhi Award by the same trust.
- Best Blood Donation Camp Organiser Award was given by Hon’ble Speaker, ( Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly) D.Jayakumar at Stanley Medical college on 23/11/2011.
- Sanjeevi Award was given by THAMBRAS.
- Best NSS Programme Officer Award by the College Management every year.
- Best Teacher (Asiriya Chudar)Award by the Elakiya Solai Trust on 19.10.2014.
- Best Teacher Award given by the Lions Club,Purasaivakkam .