Rules & Regulations :
1. The Day College commences at 9.40 a.m. and closes at 2.50 p.m. on all working days for students and Evening College commences from 1.25 p.m. and closes at 5.25 p.m.. The College Office functions from 9.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. on all working/week days and from 9.00 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. on Saturdays.
2. Attendance is recorded for each hour separately. Student coming late for classes will not be given attendance.
3. No student is permitted to absent himself/herself without prior permission. The leave application must be submitted to the HOD concerned through the Tutor/Class-in-charge
4. The request for absence due to illness must be supported by detailed medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner.
5. Permission to participate in programmes of other Colleges or University, or other recognized bodies will be granted on request and treated as on leave.
6. As per the Rules of the University of Madras, students appearing for the University examinations must have a minimum of 75% attendance, failing which they will not be permitted to write the exams.
7. The Principal may condone the shortage attendance after collecting condonation fee, from the students who have secured not less than 65% of attendance.
8. The students who have secured less than 50% attendance may have to re do the course. However, those who have secured 50% to 65% of attendance may be promoted to the next semester / year but will not be permitted to write the University Examinations.
9. Condonation for deficiency of attendance will not be granted as a matter of routine.
10. Wearing our College Identity card /badge is compulsory. Severe action will be taken against the students who are found without the Identity card/badge.
11. Bonafide Student Certificate for students will be issued only on written request.
12. Use of mobile phones is banned in the campus. Violations of this rule will attract a fine of Rs.500/- and his/her mobile phone will be seized.
13. Ragging and eve teasing are legally punishable offences and if the student is found involved in any such activity, severe legal action including expulsion from the College will be taken by the college authorities.
14. Students commuting by train while proceeding to the College must take the approach road and should not walk on the railway track which is both illegal and unsafe.