The objective of the Y.R.C unit of our college is to impart a sense of discipline and value based character among the students. The volunteers are moulded to be
innovators, explorers, scientists with social consciousness to transform into nation builders. This has been possible, because of the training imparted to them in the first year of their studies in discipline character building, personality development etc., along with the academic activities.
Advisory Committee for Y.R.C
Chairman : Dr.S.Babu
Y.R.C Programme Officer & Vice Chairman : Mr.C.Ramkumar
Additional Programme Officer Womens Wing : Mrs.AN.Thirunellai
Y.R.C Student Chairman : I B.Com. student
Y.R.C Student Secretary : I B.Sc(Computer Science) student.
* Blood donation camp is conducted every year since 2003.
* First Aid Training programme has been conducted by St John Ambulance service, Chennai for 50 volunteers in the year 2004.
* Rendered service in regulating the outpatients in the Egmore children hospital in the year 2005 and Stanley hospital, Chennai in the year 2008.
* One day seminar has been conducted to the volunteer on “Personality development”in the year 2008. Dr.Kadhar Basha, former principal of New College and advisor to the Indian Red Cross society, Tamilnadu branch was the resource person.
* One day seminar has been conducted to the volunteer on “Stress Management” in the year 2009. Dr.V.D.Swaminithan, Professor, Department of Psychology, University of Madras was the resource person.
* One day seminar was conducted to the volunteer on “Personality development” in the year 2009. Dr.Asha Dinesh, Psychiatrist was the resource person.
* One day Seminar was conducted to the volunteer on “Personality development” in 2009. Dr.V.D.Swaminithan, Professor, Department of Psychology, University of Madras was the resource person.
* Blood donation camp has been conducted on 8.8.14 in our college inassociated with N.S.S Unit and Lions Club, Meenambakkam and Ramachandra Medical College Blood Bank,Porur has collected 117 Unit of blood also on 10.11.14 * inassociated with N.S.S Unit and the Blood Bank of Rajiv Gandhi general hospital 125 Units of blood has been collected.
* Mrs.AN.Thirunellai, Asst.Prof., Dept.of Computer Science, Y.R.C dditional Prg.,Officer Womens Wing, has participated 21 days Disater Management Training Prog., held at the University of Madras Campus.
* Mr.C.Ramkumar, Asst.Prof.,& Head,Dept.of Mathematics,YRC Prg.,Officer,has participated one day YRC Zonal Level Orientation Programme on 24.12.14 at the University of Madras Campus.
* Y.R.C Volunteer Mr.R.Sabarish , IIIrd B.Sc.,(CS) has won 3rd prize in the Visualizing and Painting competition held at the IRCS,TN branch office on 2.8.14.